Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stock trading strategy


Well, I've been stopped out of several of my stocks. I just own a few now and I'll wait until Monday to make my next purchase decision. I always wonder if I should act on my premonitions (like my feeling that I should have taken my profits on Monday). I've never grabbed my money and waited. I haven't reached that nirvana state of patience like Kirk yet. He seemed to sit on his pile of cash nearly all year last year. I can barely go a couple of days without wanting to jump back in (which has dinged me with a couple of warnings from Scottrade for SEC violations when I unexpectedly got stopped out of unsettled trades). So, I'm going to take a few deep breaths and let the market do its crazy thing. Hopefully my two wayward children (SPAR & KRSL) will recover a bit today and make me a proud papa.
7:20 am CST The Street.com says that stocks are set to rebound this morning. I got that twinge in my gut that I need to jump back in full throttle. What's wrong with me!? Why can't I wait a couple of days and enjoy myself as my money lies safely in cash? I'm gonna wait, but I don't think that I'm going to like it.
4:00 pm CST Nothing too spectacular today. I stopped out of two more TSS & KRSL. All I've got left are PCP, NOV and SPAR. I'm ready to regroup this weekend.