Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trend Day (I missed it)

Except for the little bump at the end of the day this was a perfect trend day. Unfortunately, I was hesitant to trade it and I lost out. I've circled the high probability trades (shorting). I took the pullback in the third red circle and held until the end of the day for a wimpy 1R gain. I wish I had taken those three dojis just after the open and held on all day with a nice big position.

I've made decent money this week, and after blowing good gains on several Thursdays and Fridays, I was reluctant to risk too much. Oh well, at least I didn't lose my shirt today.

Is this market a mess, or what? It's crazy for me to think that I made my first short trade only 6 months ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we discusseed on the phone, I missed the trend day as well, but did see the initial doji on the 15 minute chart. I was stopped out due to such a narrow stop.

WIDER STOPS, WIDER STOPS (when using the 15 minute bars)! Now that I've written it, maybe I will actually listen.