Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finally!

For those of you who enjoy seeing the market go up, today was your day. It's nice to have some good news once and awhile.

This was a trend day, but it was difficult for me to trade. I was chomping at the bit after the opening gap of over $1, but I couldn't find a decent place to enter. I took a trade on the first pullback of the day (first green circle), but I had a hard time finding a decent place to put my stop after that huge run up.

I ended up placing it below the low of the day, right at the 50EMA. The market was already up 250 points at that point, so I didn't feel like there was a lot of upward potential left, especially with the size of my stop.

We drifted into two periods of consolidation that each lasted a long time. After the first consolidation we broke through at noon with some huge volume and I thought we were off to the races. But price couldn't break though the highs of the day and continued to bounce up and down along that channel until the final leg of the day began at 3pm.

I was tempted to call it quits as price broke the 50EMA. Fortunately, it didn't stay below it too long, and I finally made some decent money by the end of the day.

Any of the green circles were decent places to take trades today (in my opinion). I took two of those trades. If you were smart enough to buy right after the opening gap, you had a tremendous day--congratulations!!

No comments: