Saturday, December 6, 2008

Week In Review 12-06-2008

Although I lost a bit of money this week, I'm still chalking it up as a success. I was able to reign in my impulsive trading and slow things down dramatically by:

  • waiting until 10:00AM (Eastern) to start making trading decisions
  • paying more attention to 30 minute charts
  • using 5 minute charts to confirm the 30 minute charts
  • avoiding any trading if I don't see good setups
  • avoiding trading when I'm too busy to adequately monitor trades
For the week I lost .27R. I traded 3 out of 5 days this week.

For those of you following the Zweig screen, it seems a bit broken lately. This last two weeks there was only one stock selected VSEC. In my carefree screen trading days I would have put my whole account into that one stock.

I've never seen so few stocks selected by the Zweig screen, so until things turn around a bit and we get at least 5 selections, I'm going to quit tracking the screen's performance. What a wild year.

No comments: