Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Terrible Tuesday

After analyzing my returns by day of the week, I discovered that my Tuesday returns averaged out to be negative. Today I continued the trend by losing 3.57R. I'm such a punk. Fortunately, I'm still trading half of my normal position size so I didn't lose an insane amount of money.

Here are my average "R" results since August for each day of the week.

Monday--2.20
Tuesday--(.51)
Wednesday--1.03
Thursday--.27
Friday--.70

So, it looks like I've got some things to figure out for my trading on Tuesday. I think maybe I grow too confident after a good day on Monday and figure I'm trading with "the house's money". I tend to throw my trading rules out the window and take impulsive trades that quickly turn on me.

Also, Tuesday is usually a busy day for me with meetings and appointments. I often try to "squeeze in" trades when I have time available. Obviously, that strategy hasn't worked out too well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are starting to go into another phase of volatility with the speculation about the factors of the auto sector failing. Logic on the street seems to be going out the door more and more with speculative panic in the masses, mixed with emotion, seems to rule. I used to be really, really, good at doing the math and trading based on the numbers. In the past few months the numbers seem to hold less and less to the stocks actions.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever heard of, http://www.compoundstockearnings.com//index.htm
What are your thoughts?