Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not too shabby

My first day trading real money with the new system. It's a lot harder risking real money, but I managed to gain 1R today trading 7 stocks. I was up over 2R for a bit but decided to hold on to my short positions because the market was trending pretty strongly. It didn't work out the way I planned but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm pleased as punch to be able to gain 1R on a day where the market had some pretty huge losses. I used to dread days like this. I would watch pensively as my positions got decimated and I would grudgingly pick up the pieces at the end of the day. Now, I can decide whether or not I want to participate in the action and I can take positions that follow the trend of the market.

I'm finding that on trend days like this, there are often too many stocks to monitor and it becomes more of a crapshoot. I missed CME even though it was on my watchlist. It ended up with a 5R gain. My biggest gain was 1.85R today.

No comments: