Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frustrating

The market has been hard for me to figure out lately, and I haven't been real motivated to post because I've had a hard time pulling money out of it. Today was no exception.

I actually would have made good money today, but when I attempted to short SPY at 10:30, TradeStation said they had no shares available. I tried to substitute DIA instead, and got the same message.

Instead of finding alternatives, I just gave up and sat back and watched. The anticipated plunge at 1:00 ticked me off. I took the first pull back at 2:00 and of course, it went against me. I held on for dear life. I just couldn't believe that the bulls were making a push late in the day. After I couldn't justify holding on for any longer, I bought the stock back, and (of course) just a few minutes later, the stock plummeted.

Frustrating.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been getting hosed for months. I keep trading in hope of a turnaround, but it just has not been happening.

The public version of the Kirk report has also virtually ceased to exist in that time frame, so maybe that's a sign.

Anonymous said...

you really suck stockpunk, dont give up your nitejob.

Anonymous said...

what do you really do for a living? enquiring minds really would like to know, its quite obvius it is not trading, tia.

Scott said...

Anon,

You're right. I do suck. My "nitejob" is to spend my evenings writing discouraging anonymous posts on blogs. I'm not paid for writing, but it gives me a sick thrill.