Thursday, January 1, 2009

What am I thinking?!

After experiencing the worst year of my admittedly short trading career, I have decided to mark 2009 as the year I attempt to trade for a living. I've always had an ample income to support my trading hobby, but soon the money will dry up and I'll be fully responsible for creating an income out of the ups and downs of the stock market. I am scared out of my mind.

I have a wife and two kids to support as well, so the pressure will be on. However, I can't think of a better way of earning an income, and I look forward to the freedom that trading will provide. I love the market, and the opportunity it provides. I'll keep everybody informed on a daily basis. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Nick M. said...

Scott,

That was my mentality as when I started back in '04. I made a lot of mistakes back then, but I made sure I learned from them. I kept a daily journal of all my trades, thoughts and reasons for my actions/trades and I still do write in it because everyday is a new learning experience. Just be picky about your trades and go for set ups that have worked or that you have recognized. Also, do not give up on your stock screens either. Pay attention to the Zack screens and any others that start showing a turn around. These will give you good ideas on some longer term trades. Best of luck in '09!

Scott said...

Thanks for the advice, Nick! I've admired your trading for several years now. Good luck to you as well.