Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girls and Star Wars

Despite years of half-hearted effort, I have not been able to convince my wife to watch any of the original first three Star Wars movies (I wouldn't put her through the torture of watching the more recently released trilogy of films).

I've been able to convince (force) my daughters to watch the series and they have at least pretended to like them, but I can't figure out why Star Wars just doesn't appeal to girls. Maybe that's why I didn't date one until I graduated from high school.

I ran across this video that explains Star Wars from a female (who hasn't really watched any of the films) perspective. It made me laugh.

2 comments:

Becca Ward said...

I have to admit, I'm one of those girls. I need more of a male influence to make me watch it!

Anonymous said...

I never watched a Star Wars movie and I'm a male who grew up in the 70s. I simply don't have an interest in science fiction of any sort. No Harry Potter for me either as I have an equal lack of interest in fantasy. Every thing else, I like.