Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Zack's Research Wizard

I haven't used Zack's Research Wizard for over two years and I haven't written about it in at least that long, but I consistently receive comments and questions about the product. Curiously, a Google search of Zack's Research Wizard lists StockPunk as second in rank under Zack's own website!

There are a many great discussions about the product on a couple of my posts. The best debate has probably gone on after I posted my opinion about the product after using it for 6 months. You can see the post and read the comments here.

I no longer use screening or buy individual stocks, but I still find the world of stock screening fascinating. My love for the markets and trading started with fundamental screening. I still enjoy reading Charles Kirk's posts about his Stock Screen Machine.

Recently, an anonymous commenter offered to post his impressive returns using Zacks Research Wizard. Here is his comment: I have four RW strategies that produce separately and combined a CAGR of ~75% over the past 10 years if you buy and sell the weekly selected stocks on Mondays at close. One of these strategies selects some 8 stocks each week. I am willing to send Scott this selection every Monday for the next three months so that he can publish those on his secured site while I will stay anonymous. If the DOW drops more than 4.5% on a day, we use this as a stop loss and stay out for the next 20 days.

I'd be up to posting his results on a weekly basis if other readers are interested. Let me know through the comments section of this post or through e-mail and I'll let the poster know that there are readers who are interested.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting.

Kees said...

yes, I'm interested too.

Anonymous said...

I am very interested; I miss the screening posts on here since you went all technical.

Anonymous said...

If the results from Research Wizard are comparable to those obtained on Portfolio123 then I'd love to see the picks. If they are heavily dependent on Zacks rank then they can only be approximated in Portfolio123 but I'd still be interested.

The world of screening is even more interesting now that small investors can be long/short easily. My own research has shown that many times you are as well off being long a strategy and short the SPX through the SH equity or mini futures compared to trying to short the bottom stocks by the strategy's screen.

shaun